STATEMENT OF FAITH
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired and infallible, authoritative Word of God..
- We believe in the Trinity: The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus is the Son of God. We believe in His Virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His atoning death through His death on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return to power and glory.
- We believe in the resurrection of the saved to eternal life in heaven and the resurrection of the lost to eternal damnation in Hell.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Christ.
- We believe that salvation is by grace through faith and belief in the Lord Jesus Christ, and not by any works.
- We believe that a Christian grows in his spiritual life by praying, reading and studying the Bible, and worshiping in a fellowship of Christian believers.
- We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of marriage between a man and a woman. We believe that any form of homosexuality, lesbianism, bisexuality, bestiality, incest, fornication, adultery and pornography are sinful perversions of God’s gift of sex. We believe that God disapproves of and forbids any attempt to alter one’s gender by surgery or appearance. (Gen 2:24; Gen 19:5, 13; Gen 26:8-9; Lev 18:1-30; Romans 1:26-29; 1 Cor. 5:1; 6:9; 1 Thess 4:1-8; Heb 13:4)
- We believe that the only Scriptural marriage is the joining of one man and one woman. (Gen 2:24; Rom 7:2; 1 Cor 7:10; Eph 5:22-23).
STATEMENT OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
Winter Haven Christian School admits students of any race, color, or ethnicity to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or ethnicity in administration of educational policies, admission policies, scholarship programs, and other programs.
Winter Haven Christian School is operated completely independent of any religious organization, but is supported and/or endorsed by several area churches and Christian groups. WHCS is an Accredited member of the National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA) and the Florida Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (FACCS).
WHCS is currently a candidate for regional Accreditation through the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools (MSA-CESS). We hope to have the process completed through MSA-CESS by June 1, 2017.